An effective email marketing list is the key to reach your target customers. That's the reason why list building is so important for your company and business. It not only affects the revenue earn but it also affects on the reach of your product and service. List building can help build trust and confidence in your prospects to act on integrated marketing messages. A great email list takes time to create and grow. Once it is grown, it needs to be nurtured & administered regularly. While in this process of list building marketers come across various myths.
Below we have listed top 5 myths about List building.
1. Email Marketing is dead - This is the most popular myth about email marketing. It may be an old fashioned technique for B2B companies but if used wisely and targeted to engaged audience, you’ll find its very much alive and effective.
2. The list is the most valuable asset for any email marketer - No, its not. Just having a list can't fetch you money, relationship is the most important asset in your business.
3. The email List has to be huge - If your email database comprises of un-interested customers, its useless. A list which is just half of the size of previous list but comprises of all interested customers is more valuable.
4. One newsletter per quarter is useful - No, its not. Not that you send it every week but one newsletter a month is a good strategy to follow. The main objective is to let your customer know about valued information that benefits the user not you.
5. Collect as much and everyone’s information that you can - Make sure you are only targeting people you can market to. If you are into selling medical equipments, collecting data about primary school teachers doesn't make any sense.
Looking for a dataset?
Get a customized dataset for your next campaign from Ready and save yourself from expensive annual subscriptions :)
"After piloting various data vendors, it was easy to see that ReadyContacts is a cut above."