Our motto at ReadyContacts is to make every marketing manager proud of their CRM database. We want you to have relevant, accurate and complete contact and company information in you database at all times. The first and foremost to get there though to be in the know of every aspect, activity, and count in your CRM database. In my past 5 years of working with 100s of companies, I have come across 5 marketers who had all the numbers at their fingertips. The others did not because it's just not easy and unless there are a system and process in place to ensure it, it's just not possible. Here are some of the things we think are critical to know about your CRM system at all times:
- What is the total number of contacts in your database?
- What is the total number of contacts with complete contact information including email addresses?
- How many contacts are missing email addresses?
- How many contacts are missing phone numbers?
- How many contacts have bounced emails in the last 6 months?
- How many contacts are missing title/role information?
- How many contacts are being added on a daily, weekly, monthly basis?
- Repeat the same questions for leads as well if you track those separately like in Salesforce.com.
- How many companies are missing full address information?
- How many companies for you have for each of the sales person's geography?
- How many companies are missing contacts or leads altogether?
- How many companies/contacts have not be touched in the last 30, 60, 90 days?
- What is your criterion for REMOVING data from your CRM database?
- What is the main source of bad or incomplete data coming into your CRM system?
Looking for a dataset?
Get a customized dataset for your next campaign from Ready and save yourself from expensive annual subscriptions :)
"After piloting various data vendors, it was easy to see that ReadyContacts is a cut above."