Autoresponder is a killer application in the B2C world. B2C marketers like online retailers have long used autoresponders to engage customers, bring them back, drive sales and increase the value of every customer on an ongoing basis.
Some of the tricks that work really well include:
- Send follow-up emails at regular intervals within 21-30 days after the transaction with a logical sequence of order confirmation, thank you, new promotions and so on.
- Send a follow-up email every time a shopping cart is abandoned with a few items in it
- Personalize recommendations based on the user's transactions in the past
- Do not send the follow-up emails from a transaction beyond the 30 day period
Here are some ideas to think about:
- Apply the autoresponder strategy to every inbound lead and every website visitor that can be identified
- Follow-up within minutes of the activity with an email
- Trigger an alert to the sales person for that account or geography suggesting it might be a good time to call the lead
- Personalize the reach out based on where the lead came from, what pages on the website did the lead read, and if the lead downloaded any documents. This data must be handy and communicated to everyone involved instantly.
- Schedule a combination of email and phone follow-up loops within 7 days of the activity only.
- If relevant, end the loop with a direct mail trigger which can sit on the lead's desk as a reminder.
- Then add the lead to your CRM database for reach out via other scheduled initiatives.
Looking for a dataset?
Get a customized dataset for your next campaign from Ready and save yourself from expensive annual subscriptions :)
"After piloting various data vendors, it was easy to see that ReadyContacts is a cut above."